I had an awesome time at Phila Exchange Users Group meeting last evening.
Don’t try V3 on production. It’s in beta for a reason. Cool demos.
Logparser Studio is awesome. I had tried log parser lizard earlier, but it wasn’t fun. I had used Windows Grep for finding out date/time/IP log data from IIS Logs.
I also received some valuable feedback when I was demoing my script. Feedback is really important when you are developing something / anything:
- You really don’t know how your script runs till you try to do a demo and discover a non-standard function you have used. Made changes to use GWMI. http://poshcode.org/3369.
You get ideas of what you can do with this. Function, Parameter Binding, Try/Catch blocks, Modules, Accept input from pipeline.
TODO For now:
- Make a Function
- Accept $myCell, $myString
- Splice string into a hashtable / array (?)
- Check if you can use this
- Module Stuff – Cmdlet binding, Accept input from pipeline.
- Error Handling – I am not GETting anything. Maybe a try/catch blog will help – “You used the default phone number”, You are using my token – CONFIRM to run
- Received some encouraging emails last night. I am going to explore this a little bit further.